Click the above picture/screenshot to stay up-to-date with our Read more →
HEAL works to provide healthy, affordable accessible food in our community:
Soil to Plate – gardening
Shelf to Plate – fresh produce in stores, restaurants & markets
Stove to Plate – fresh, healthy snacks and meals using the food we grow
– Find a market
– Grow fresh produce at home or with others in your community
– Connect to resources for growing tips, canning & freezing
– Resources and opportunities to use gardening to create change, teach skills and grow community
Gardensoox, Container Gardens, Lasagna Gardens, Garden Towers…. no matter where you live, you can grow!
Check out this listing of resources and programs in our community to help get your backyard garden budding!
Take part in one of the many FREE community gardens in our neighborhood! Work with other residents and community groups to grow fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers for your family and to share with your friends and neighbors.
– Calvary Hill Community Garden (Rosehill Ave)
– Botanical Gardens Buckeye/Woodland Learning Farm (Woodland Ave. & E 114th St)
– Passport Project Peace Garden (Buckeye Rd. & E. 121st St)
– Buckeye Shaker Square Development Corporation Community Garden (Buckeye Rd & E. 118th St.)
– Skyline Intergenerational Community Garden (Sunbeam School on Mt. Overlook)
– Larchmere Community Garden (Cheshire Rd.)
Take a hands on gardening workshop with the youth and community gardening experts from Cleveland Botanical Gardens and other residents Master Gardeners from the neighborhood.
Weather you’re planting your first seed or taking your gardening to the next level, we have something for you!
Have a skill you’d like to share? Sign up to lead a gardening workshop to teach others in our community.
go to class listing….
– Imperial Peace Market Garden (Buckeye)
– Botanical Gardens Greencorp Buckeye/Woodland Learning Farm & Market Stand (Woodland Hills)
– North Union Farmer’s Market (Shaker Square)
– Mobile Market (various locations)
WHEN WE GROW, WE GROW! FEEDING OUR FAMILIES FRESH, HEALTHY, AFFORDABLE FOOD HELPS TO MAKE…
Everything starts from a seed! Living healthy lives, raising healthy children, building strong communities… it…
Copyright © 2014 Healthy Eating Active Living. All Rights Reserved.