Everything starts from a seed! Living healthy lives, raising healthy children, building strong communities… it all begins with what we eat.
Feeding our families fresh, healthy, affordable food helps to make a strong and healthy community. Join a community garden!
Planting your first seed? Community gardens are FOR YOU!
Experienced, Master Gardener? Come share what you know – community gardens are for you too!
Meet your neighbors, make new friends and help grow a strong, healthy community!
COMMUNITY GARDENS IN BUCKEYE, LARCHMERE, WOODLAND HILLS, SHAKER SQUARE, & MT. PLEASANT
– Calvary Hill Community Garden (Rosehill Ave) | Buckeye/Woodland Hills
A community garden for all ages that grows food, fellowship, faith, mentoring, friends and community.
Join First Lady Iris Fields, the Rosehill to Crestwood block clubs and the surrounding community for a funfilled growing experience! Garden boxes, raised beds, lasagna gardens, container gardens and raised rows… this garden has it all!
Contact First Lady Iris Fields to sign up today!
(supported by Summer Sprout)
– Cleveland Botanical Gardens Buckeye/Woodland Learning Farm Community Garden (Woodland Ave. & E 114th St) | Buckeye/Woodland Hills
24 FREE garden beds available (size 4 by 8 feet) for members in the Buckeye-Woodland neighborhood.
Benefits of community garden membership include:
- Grow your own food and flowers for free!
- Use of community garden tools and supplies provided by Green Corps
- Free access to water for your garden plot
- A limited number of seedlings will be available for planting
- Use of community garden compost bins and finished compost
- Access to Green Corps’ student and staff gardening expertise and workshops
- Participation in an active gardening community and gardening events, including a summer potluck, harvest party and more!
Space is limited, so please register today. Click here for application
Info: call 216.630.3091 or visit our website
– CMHA Woodhill Community Garden (Woodhill Community Cntr – 2491 Baldwin Rd. Cleveland, OH 44104)
Kids, adults and families of all ages are invited to help plant, grow and harvest fruit, vegetables and flowers! The garden is located next to the community center.
Join us for our Annual Garden Planting Day – Thursday, June 19th from 3:00-4:30pm.
Plants, seeds, tools and gloves will be provided.
Visit the garden every Monday between 1:30-2:30p in June, July and August for FUN weeding, seeding, watering, harvesting and of course EATING!
info/questions: Amanda Block firstname.lastname@example.org (216)392-2809
A youth-led community garden serving residents of the Buckeye, Larchmere & Woodland Hills neighborhoods. Hands on opportunities to plant, water, grow, harvest and compost. Fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers!
Stop by, meet our youth and enjoy fresh produce any day of the week!
– Skyline Intergenerational Community Garden (Sunbeam School – 11731 Mt. Overlook Cleveland, OH 44120) | Larchmere
An intergenerational community garden for children, adults and seniors located on the Skyline Campus – behind Sunbeam School.
– Grow your own fresh edibles – veggies, fruit, and herbs.
– Take pride in harvesting your own food.
– Enjoy eating healthy food and saving money!
A plot, seeds and starter plants are provided. Call Carol Mitchem to get started today! (216)421-8720
(supported by Summer Sprout)
– Larchmere Community Garden (Cheshire Rd. Cleveland, OH 44120)| Larchmere/Shaker Square
The Larchmere Community Garden is getting ready for its fourth bountiful year! We
are a permaculture based community garden stressing sustainable gardening methods such as watering from rain barrels, composting and cover cropping to feed the soil, and companion planting.
Sign up today! Janet Alter at email@example.com
– Salaam Community Garden (3600 E 131st Street, Cleveland, OH 44120)| Mt. Pleasant
The Salaam Community Garden 131 garden was established to improve a neighborhood vacant lot, which is located in Cleveland’s Mt. Pleasant neighborhood. The gardeners were interested in growing food for personal consumption and to encourage reaching the community. We have 15 plots on 360 square feet. We also put on a monthly meal project that provides a free hot meal open to the public.
Join us! Contact Kim Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org)